The Planar 6 is constructed around a unique ultra-light foam core plinth and HPL laminates. It is designed to deliver a level of performance beyond anything at this price. The Planar 6 features the RB330 tonearm and a dual-layer float glass platter. The supplied Neo turntable power supply provides convenient speed selection, advanced anti-vibration control, and electronic fine speed adjustment.
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra-lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth. This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminium sub-platter, a new 24 V motor hand tuned and matched to its own Neo power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
- RB330 tonearm with stainless balance weight
- Ania (MC) cartridge factory fitted
- Dual layer float glass platter
- Double brace technology
- Tancast 8 foamcore plinth
- Custom matched Neo PSU
- EBLT advanced drive belt
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
The RB330 tonearm was designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology, and is the culmination of more than 35 years of tonearm design experience. Featuring a brand new bearing housing, and our latest tonearm tube designed using intelligent redistribution of mass ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance. Extreme stability with almost friction free movement from the new high precision bearing assemblies guarantees to gather more information from your vinyl than ever before.
Super lightweight foam core plinth. Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin. Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
DOUBLE BRACE TECHNOLOGY
Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
CUSTOM MATCHED NEO TTPSU AND 24 V MOTOR
New high spec Rega 24 V low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own Neo PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- Tonearm Hand assembled precision RB330 tonearm
- Motor 24 V low noise motor
- Platter Dual layer smoked / clear glass platter
- Connectivity RCA / Phono
- Power Mini DIN for connection to supplied Neo PSU
- Planar 6 Turntable Dimensions (lid closed) (W x H x D) 447 x 120 x 360 mm
- Neo PSU Dimensions (W x H x D) 180 x 50 x 155 mm
- Weight 5.2 kg
Ania TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Tracking Pressure 1.75 - 2.00 g
- Input Load Impedance 100 Ω
- Output Impedance 10 Ω
- Nominal output voltage 350 μV
- Channel Balance ≥ 20 μV
- Separation ≥ -29 dB
LOAD SETTINGS FOR ADJUSTABLE MC STAGES
- Impedance 100 Ω
- Capacitance 1000 pF
- Gain Setting High (‘On’ position for Rega phono stages)