The Apollo CD player utilises Rega’s own custom chipset and software offering a truly unique level of performance for a CD player.
The Apollo is housed in our latest custom half-width case to match the Brio amplifier. The top-loading mechanism offers ease of use and unrivalled reliability.
The output amplifier of the Apollo uses the high specification Wolfson WM8742 digital to analogue converter, the same integrated circuit found in the multi-award winning Rega DACs.
The Apollo uses ‘digital’ power supplies feeding the CD processor, optical block and laser diode amplifier. This is achieved by using the same high performance, low noise power supplies found in the same location within the Rega reference CD player. This vastly improves the playability, error correction and the ‘inner core’ processing of the digital CD ‘spinner’ part of the Apollo.
The discrete output amplifier has a THD of 0.0025%, whilst at the same time improving the overall sound quality of the output amplifier.
The user interface is controlled by using a dedicated display micro-processor, which eases the workload on the main control processors giving an improvement in the control code stability, usability and improved speed of initialisation of the disc being played.
A new dedicated CD remote handset is supplied as standard which also has the advantage of Rega amplifier functionality.
- High specification Wolfson DAC
- Advanced output amplifier circuit
- Advanced digital power supplies
- Rega’s unique CD control software
- Rega mini remote control
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
- DAC Wolfson WM8742
- Line Output Maximum Level 2.15 V (minimum load impedance 10 kΩ)
- Digital Output Maximum Level 0.5 V (load impedance 75 Ω)
- Digital Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
- Dimensions (W × H × D) 215 × 90 × 340 mm
- Required space for operation (lid fully open) (W × H × D) 215 × 165 × 340 mm